Welcome to the ASC’s Blog: Tips You Need to Succeed
Author: Dr. Melanie Brown
Welcome to The Savvy Student blog, hosted by the Academic Skills Center at Walden University. My name is Melanie Brown, and I direct the Academic Skills Center – we call it the ASC – from Walden’s academic offices in Minneapolis, MN.
The whole ASC team is looking forward to an excellent 2017 of supporting your success here at Walden. As ASC director, I want to thank you for visiting to read this first post in our Savvy Student blog.
“Savvy” means to be well informed. Visit this blog to read insider tips on the skills you need to succeed. Do you want to stay savvy? We’re here to help.
Each month, we’ll feature helpful strategies for success, such as ways to:
- Read more efficiently — and remember what you read
- Take and organize notes to find what you need when you need it
- Think critically about your class readings and assignments
- Manage your time for balance across family, school, work, and life
- Statistics and biostatistics
- Accounting and finance
- NVivo and SPSS
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word – including help with formatting and using Walden’s templates for the course paper, premise, prospectus, proposal, dissertation, and doctoral study
Want to be among the first to hear about our newest skill-building resources? Subscribe to our one-page Savvy Student Newsletter. We’ll e-mail it to you on the first Friday of every month.
The Savvy Student blog, the Savvy Student newsletter – and coming soon in 2017, the Savvy Student podcast. So many ways “to be in the know”! Until next time, everyone: Stay savvy.
Have an academic topic you’d like us to write about in our blog? Let us know – we’re here to help! Send your ideas to AcademicSkills@waldenu.edu.