Episode 5, Shawna Burtis
- Shawna mentioned the ASC’s student tip of the week. Walden students can contribute a tip we will share with other students by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shawna and Shawn mentioned the SpringShare program, Libguides. Libguides is a content manager for many of Walden University’s student facing websites, including The Academic Skills Center. Find more about Libguides here: https://www.springshare.com/libguides/.
- Shawn mentioned Walden University’s Military Services department. More information about them can be found on their website: http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/militaryservices/.
Episode 4, Hillary Wentworth
- Hillary mentioned the Walden Center for Student Success (WCSS) Graduate Writing I and Graduate Writing II courses. More information can be found here: http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ASCcourses/ASCcoursesregcostsched.
- Hillary also mentioned her blog post with 3 tips for being a savvy reader, which can be found here: https://waldenacademicskills.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/3-tips-on-being-a-savvy-reader/.
- Hillary and Shawn discussed the “Frog and Toad” series by Arnold Lobel. You can find more information on that series here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frog_and_Toad.
- Look for Hillary’s upcoming webinar on the Academic Skills Center YouTube channel, here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WUAcademicSkills.
Episode 3, Dr. Patrick Dunn
- Dr. Dunn mentioned Walden University’s PhD in Public Health program. You can find more information about that program here: https://www.waldenu.edu/doctoral/phd-in-public-health.
- Dr. Dunn promoted the Academic Skills Center’s upcoming Statistics and SPSS Skills Seminar for Doctoral Students. You can find information about those seminars here:
- Quarter: WCSS 8900: http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ASCcourses/ASC8900
- Semester: WCSS 8901: http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/ASCcourses/ASC8901
- Dr. Dunn mentioned his work with the American Heart Association (AHA). Their website and information is available on their homepage, here: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/.
- Dr. Dunn & Shawn discussed the first time they met at Dr. Dunn’s graduation. You can find that video here: http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/asc/faculty/videos/facultyfastfeature.
Episode 2, Dr. Zin Htway
- Dr. Htway mentioned Walden’s Center for Research Quality (CRQ). You can find more information about their support services here: http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/researchcenter.
- Dr. Htway is a graduate of Walden’s Doctor of Public Health program. You can find more information about that program here: https://www.waldenu.edu/doctoral/doctor-of-public-health.
- Dr. Htway mentioned the two students he worked with and wrote about in his blog post, which you can find here: https://waldenacademicskills.wordpress.com/2017/02/17/academic-skills-center-tutor-successes/.
Episode 1, Dr. Sarah Inkpen
- Dr. Inkpen mentioned our Statistics Group Drop-In Session. You can find more information here: http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/academicskillscenterhome and by emailing ASCTutoring@mail.waldenu.edu
- Dr. Inkpen also mentioned her work at College of North Atlantic in Qatar. Here is a link to their home page: https://www.cna-qatar.com/.